Sodium sulfide isalso called stinky soda, stinky soda, and alkali sulfide. Sodium sulfide is aninorganic compound, and pure sodium sulfide is a colorless crystalline powder.Strong moisture absorption, easily soluble in water. The aqueous solution was stronglyalkaline. Causes burns when touching skin and hair. So sodium sulfide iscommonly known as alkali sulfide. The aqueous sodium sulfide solution willslowly oxidize in the air to sodium thiosulfate, sodium sulfite, sodium sulfateand sodium polysulfide. Due to the rapid formation of sodium thiosulfate, themain product of oxidation is sodium thiosulfate. Sodium sulfide deliquesces inthe air and is carbonated to deteriorate, which continuously releases hydrogensulfide gas. Industrial sodium sulfide is pink, brownish red, and khaki due toimpurities. Specific gravity, melting point, and boiling point also varydepending on the effects of impurities.
Sodium sulfide nonahydrate；Sodium sulfide nonahydrate;Disodium sulfide
At roomtemperature, pure products are colorless or slightly purple prism-shapedcrystals, and industrial products are usually pink, brown-red, and khaki yellowbecause of impurities.
Has an odor.Dissolved in cold water, easily soluble in hot water, slightly soluble inalcohol. Industrial products are generally a mixture of different crystalwaters, and contain different levels of impurities. In addition to differentappearance and color, density, melting point, and boiling point also vary dueto the influence of impurities.
产品用途 Product Usage
1. It is used inthe dye industry to produce sulfur dyes and is the raw material for sulfur blueand sulfur blue. The printing and dyeing industry is used as a dye aid todissolve sulfur dyes. It is used in the tanning industry to hydrolyze anddepilate raw hides, and it is also used to formulate sodium polysulfide toaccelerate the soaking of dry skin to help soften. The paper industry is usedas a cooking agent for paper. The textile industry is used as a mordant for thedenitration and reduction of nitrates of man-made fibers, and for dyeing cottonfabrics. The pharmaceutical industry is used to produce antipyretics such asphenacetin. It is also used in the production of sodium thiosulfate, sodiumsulfide, sodium polysulfide and the like.
2. Adding anappropriate amount of sodium sulfide to the alkaline etching solution ofaluminum and alloy can obviously improve the quality of the etching surface,and it can also be used to remove alkali-soluble heavy metal impurities such aszinc in the alkaline etching solution.
3. Sodium sulfidecan also be used for the treatment of conductive layers in directelectroplating. The colloidal palladium sulfide is formed by the reaction ofsodium sulfide and palladium to achieve the purpose of forming a goodconductive layer on non-metallic surfaces.
4. Used ascorrosion inhibitor. It is also a raw material of sodium thiosulfate, sodiumpolysulfide, and sulfur dyes.
5. Used in themanufacture of sulfur dyes, leather depilatory agents, metal smelting, photography,rayon denitration, etc.
It should be placedin a cool, dry place indoors, avoiding sun and rain, and preventing moisture.